Friday, June 17, 2016

It is officially my year mark!!!!!!!

Well today marks a year since I left home. And I cannot even express how much fun I have had!!!! Literally it seems like it has flown by. It feels like last week that I had just barely finished high school.

Anyway this week was awesome!!!!! Probably the highlight of this week was our mission president's birthday. We had a blast! we had lunch with him and it was super cool. He shared his experiences that he has had with apostles and it helped me to understand the privilege I have to work so close with him. Also, since the Copa America is in progress he  showed us some awesome clips of Messi's goals. President Franco is such a great man! 

This week also is transfers. Tomorrow I get the great opportunity to start carrying out the changes. It will be pretty crazy! We have 168 missionaries right now. We will have 20 going home with 13 news. The problem is, of the 20 leaving some 15 of them are Zone leaders so we will have to replace them, and we will need 13 trainers as well. The bigger problem is the next transfer we will have 18 leave with 24 coming. So I say all this because tomorrow I'm going to be coordinating a lot of bus schedules for a lot of changes.

In terms of missionary work (that isn't administrative) we have been working super hard. We have contacted like crazy. The other day we turned the street to look for people and we realized that we have already contacted every house on the street. So we went to the next one, and the same!!! So  we tried the next street and we realized we contacted every house for three streets. It was super weird. Like it is great that we contacted that many houses but at the same time it is weird that we have contacted entire streets! So we switched up our strategy and tried to stop people in the street. Like people by bus stops, smokers, anyone that is essentially doing nothing on the street, and we found a lot of interesting people. One man told us that we are terrorists. Haha! It was super weird. 

Anyway I'm doing great! I absolutely love it here. I'm just super happy. I love you all and Hope you all have a great week. I'd love to hear back!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment