Tuesday, September 8, 2015

TRANSFERS!

This week has been ridiculous!!!!!!!! So to begin. I ripped three pairs of pants this week in the same spot. I just would sit down on the bus, or at a member´s house, or something of some sort, then when I would stand up, RIP! My pants would rip. SO that was fun. I got them all fixed this week. So all is well. I also got a flare from one of the hermanas in our district for it being my first transfer and that was fun. And this week we had an activity for the stake. We showed the movie, Meet The Mormones. The was interesting. Because we had a almuerzo con the bishop. He wanted to make a video and send it to the ward, so we made a video inviting everyone. Well then the bishop posted it on Facebook and then president saw it. (Curt here...here's the video... Invitation VideoSo then president called us and asked us if we had been using Facebook, then he posted it. So the thing was hyping up to be awesome. Well the elders in charge of the activity did not communicate well or have the movie so we had like 200 people or so and we didn´t have the movie. So it looked like it was going to fail, but then we got it and everything was okay. So that was fun. And a bird pooped on me yesterday.

So this week we had a baptism. So that was great. I had the opportunity to baptize these two little grils and my companion baptized our investigator. So that was so much fun. And having chuy this week made things a little more frustrating. but everything turned out well. 

Being in the trio the last two weeks only prepared for this transfer. My problem last week was my spanish and having an extra companion. Well I got moved into a trio/branch presidency and  where my entire zone is latino and I´m the only gringo. So I´m actually super excited. Because i´ll be able to only spak spanish and be able to learn real quickly and technically, I´m the second conselor in a branch prseidency and I have only been here 6 weeks. The president leaves in three weeks and then my companion will be the president so we´ll see what happens. And instead of us having 5 neighborhoods like my last area, we have 4 towns. We have to visit the members in all the towns and they are all like and hour or two apart so we will travel a lot! So I´m super excited for this next area. 

Elder Higuera and I both felt like we were going to be transferred a few weeks ago. But since I´m still technically in training, we would of had to been white washed to a new area. Well the time on friday when they were suppose to call us and tell us that we were going to be white washed came and went. So him and I thought we would stay. We´ll then around 5ish the day before were suppose to transfer they called us. They told not only we would be transfered but that our area was to be closed as well. So we had to quickly finish all of appointments that night and clean and clean and clean. So that was fun.

This week has been Great. So email me if you have any questions. 

Love Elder Hoopes

(Curt here again... Connor's new area is a branch in Campo Largo, Chaco Province. His companions are Elder Mejia and Elder Muñoz)








No comments:

Post a Comment